- Defra - UK Government Department for Environment, Farming & Rural Affairs
- Useful for tracking Defra's consultations on impending legislation and regulations.
Affilliations and Organisations
- Ground Forum
- Ground Forum is the 'umbrella' body which brings together the learned societies and trade associations (ie: commercial interests) within the ground engineering sector. Ground Forum represents the ground engineering sector to government and other sectors of the construction industry, and facilitates coordination of activities between its members. Keith Gabriel was Chairman of the Ground Forum in 2006-2008.
- Association of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Specialists (AGS)
- AGS is the trade association which represents ground engineering consultants, contractors and laboratories.
- Keith Gabriel was Chairman of AGS in 2001-2003.
- The Geological Society (of London)
- The oldest geological organisation in the world, The Geological Society is the learned society and professional body which awards Chartered Geologist status in the UK.
- Institution of Civil Engineers
- British Geotechnical Association (BGA)
- The British Geotechnical Association was formed through a merger of the British Geotechnical Society and the ICE Ground Board. The BGA is the UK member of the International Society for Soil Mechanics & Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE) and the International Society for Rock Mechanics (ISRM).